[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 04:19:13 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Apr 23

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   2      2
   80:  14     12
   40:  22     17
   20:  14     11
   15:   3      3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  55     45  Total Score = 2,475

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Glad to make it, although at the very last minute. We have house guests: our
granddaughter and her fiance, and I interrupted my dishwashing chores to break
away and make it to the shack just in time.

Very good conditions, and my line noise was a minimum with no wind and a soft
mist as a cold front approached.

Five minute segments: 9, 12, 10, 7, 8, and 9. Things get tough as the main bands
become 80 and 160 as we are a bit too far for any sort of dominant signal and I
lost many jumpers and had many CQs with no answer.

KZ5D was ahead of me by one to three all the way through. I had a strong (for
me) close on 80/160 and K0VBU snuck under the wire with two seconds to go on 80
at the end. We ripped through a 40+ WPM exchange but did start (barely) on time.

Tnx to K8MR for a four-bagger and to N5ZO, NA8V, WD6T, and KZ5D for
three-baggers. At least the mults were decent for the number of contacts. Lots
of fun to thrash around with such good ops in a fun event. Thanks guys,

Jim N3BB