[3830] FlQP N4CW Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4CW Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 18:37:06 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW W4TMO
Station: N4CW

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: FL - Mobile
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   687
   20:  2044
   15:     3
   10:
--------------------
Total:  2734    0  CW Mults = 70  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 765,520

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First, a big THANK YOU to the Florida Contest Group for sponsoring this event.
W4TMO and I knew we'd be up against some formidable competitors, but we had set
our goal and went ahead with giving it all we had. Jim put together the route
and made all the reservations for our stays in route; moreover, he did ALL the
driving and some of the operating! I really am indebted to him for executing his
plan so effectively; me?, I'm just the guy in the back seat playing with the
radio!
We started our trip on Thursday around noon and headed southwest, stopping
overnight near Atlanta. Friday we made it allthe way to Pensacola, passing
through Alabama...good roads, light traffic, a nice coconut shrimp lunch in
Alabama! We wereunpacking the car at our motel in Pensacola when up drove Jack,
K1KNQ! Later K1XX with W1MD driving pulled up...we joinedthem for dinner along
with Jay, N4OX, and a ham buddy (sorry, forgot the call!). Saturday AM we met
Marty, Charlie, and Jack at the Waffle house next door for breakfast and a
discussion about the bad weather that was about to pass through (tornado
warnings were issued, but the radar map indicated that the bulk of the weather
was heading north of us). So our day started on time with a deluge, but we
managed to get through it and started our county to county odyssey. That first
day we got 28 counties covered and made 1046 Q's, then did our overnight stay
outside Tampa.
Sunday, the second day, we started on time on the MTE/POL county line with K9CT
being our first contact. From then on, it was county to county and pileup after
pileup! We did get lost just once when the GPS gave us a weird route just south
of Lake Okeechobee... that probably cost us time to cover another county. Jim
recovered expertly and in that process provided Jack, W1WEF, with his last two
counties for a clean sweep! We finished the day by sitting right in front of the
STJ county line while in PUT. We had covered 30 more counties and garnered 1688
more Q's for a total of 2734. I had the best rates I've ever had in a contest!!!
THANK YOU.
Pileups were manageable with only an occasional out-of-turn caller. I was
absolutely delighted on Sunday when I heard the pileup chase away a
"fixed" FL station start calling CQ right where I was...another THANK
YOU! The "intruder" apparently forgot the rules about avoiding the
"mobile window"!
With the great success we enjoyed, we marvel over AD4EB's performance; Jim and
Melody, WELL DONE!
Stats: 2015 Prius (with driver!), K3, and 3 antennas: 20M "bug
catcher" vertical (home brew by W4TMO), 40M "hamstick" from
Quicksilver Radio (US made!), and 15M "Outback"...40 and 15 mounted on
roof rack.
"Fan Club":
K9CT 61X
K1GQ 50X
VE3NNT 46X
K3WW 44X
K9RS 40X
K7SV 37X
OM2VL 33X
K9CW 31X
DL3DXX 29X
NY3A 29X
WI9WI 29X
N3DXX 27X
W5TM 27X
WA3HAE 27X
K4RUM 27X
N8II 26X
K4BYN 25X....and many more deserving a
BIG THANK YOU!

Final note: we put on 4000+ miles for this event, Thursday thru Monday!

All those calls and the patience for your turn to get a reply are
deeply appreciated. 73, Bert (and Jim)