[3830] 7QP KK6MC/M M/S MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesduffey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP KK6MC/M M/S MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 16:20:56 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2021

Call: KK6MC/M
Operator(s): KK6MC
Station: KK6MC

Class: M/S MobileMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:   97
   20:  306     1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  403     1       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 62,972

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

We for a later start than intended. I did a mobile effort and had to get over a
few issues with battery voltage at the beginning. After I got that sorted out,
operations were pretty smooth. Propagation was good, 20M was open from the
beginning and 40M was open most of the day, but there wasn't much activity on
40M in midday. I checked 15M a couple of times and called CQ, but there was
nothing on. Still it doesn't help to try.

I appreciate the fixed stations who followed me around and were aware when I
changed counties. There were places in canyons where I could not get out all
that well, and that includes the freeways of Phoenix, which all seem to be below
ground level. Tucson and Phoenix were noisy, as one expects, but most of the
trip was pretty QRN free. Lots of activity on 20M mid day and 40M late, so it
was hard to find a clear spot to run. On a day like Saturday, with lots of
activity in four QSO parties, running can be tough for a mobile.

Thanks to Virginia for driving.