[3830] NewEngQP W3UA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W3UA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 18:02:31 +0000
                    New England QSO Party - 2021

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:     47       0
   40:    251       0
   20:    293       0
   15:      6       0
   10:      3       0
------------------------
Total:    600       0  Mults = 78  Total Score = 93,600

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We returned from Florida vacations after midnight on Sunday, so the first round
was out of question. I wanted to try to work Digital only, but it appeared that
WHJT-X does not allow NEQP exchange. I manually put one once, made one QSO and
realized that this will not work. Spent about 1.5 hours looking for a solution,
and finally realized that I just can't figure it out. So I decided to make a
couple of CW Qs just for fun. But the conditions were so good, I couldn't stop
;) It was the most relaxed contest I ever had in years. I got quite a few calls
from Europeans, since they were looking at hamlog packet cluster, which was
showing only few NE stations -- I believe W1QK, WU3A and myself. My first goal
was to make 100 Qs, then 200, then 500 -- and I couldn't stop till the event was
over.

While I was away, my friend NU3C, who is overseas now, used our multiplier rig,
which has remote access, to put WU3A on the air. He started working at the first
round, but due to time difference, went to bed after a few hours. When I
arrived, he was running again. It's the first time when both W3UA and WU3A were
on the air simultaneously, so maybe we confused quite a few folks ;) . Indeed,
it was a double fun. He made twice as much Qs...

Gene W3UA