[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 20:25:22 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z May 5

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  69
   20:  23
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  92  Mults = 90  Total Score = 8,280

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one was a "whuppin". Couldn't get any run going on 40 meters, so
started out S&P and did reasonably well in one trip up the band, then things
got real slow. Put the 2nd radio on 20 meters with my usual lack of success due
to the poor antenna and soldiered on. About 35 minutes in, I just decided to run
as much as I could on 40 and pick up a few S&P on 20. It also didn't help
that Mr. Murphy was with me today. Just before the 1300Z session the Beverage
switch started acting weird, and it took over an hour after the session to
figure out that a relay catch diode in the switch box had failed shorted, which
croaked the power supply for a bunch of the GHE remote switching hardware
whenever I selected a reverse direction for either beverage. Then just before
the 1900Z session started I found that I had no right channel audio in the
secondary radio. Fortunately, this wasn't a problem in SO2R mode. Hope things
are a little better behaved next week. See y'all next Wednesday at 1300Z.

73...
Randy, W8FN