[3830] 50SprngSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 May 2021 05:01:03 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2021

Call: NV4B/R
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 3:35

Total:  QSOs = 40  Mults = 30  Total Score = 1,200

Club:

Comments:

I got a late start because I failed to realize that the 50 MHz Sprint starts at
2300Z, not 7 p.m. local time like the other Sprints.  Rather than starting from
Woodall Mountain in EM54 as planned, my first few QSOs were made in motion from
EM64.  I got set up on Woodall right around 0000Z and enjoyed working the strong
opening to the southwest, although as loud as signals were, I wish more people
had gotten on SSB or CW rather than FT8.  It would have been much more
productive.  I then operated in motion with brief stops in EM55 and EM65.  I got
back to EM64 about 10 minutes before the contest ended and added a couple more
QSOs.

For those who operate FT8 in VHF contests and mostly call CQ, *please* give
rovers a call when you see them on.  It's difficult -- not to mention dangerous
-- to try to "search and pounce" from the available callers when
operating in motion, but answering callers with "Call 1st" and autoseq
enabled is much easier for a mobile.  So, please do us a favor and call us!