[3830] Hamvention WA2VYA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Hamvention WA2VYA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 02:33:12 +0000
                    Hamvention QSO Party - 2021

Call: WA2VYA
Operator(s): WA2VYA
Station: WA2VYA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CEDAR CREEK TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

   80:
   40:   28
   20:    1     2
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   29     2  Total Score = 31

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was hoping to operate the entire period, but storms during the night and the
threat of continued storms throughout the morning and early afternoon, followed
by time for reconnecting, prevented me from operating until well into the late
hours of the QSO party.  Once hooked up 40m was dead and 20m was long with most
activity outside North America and not related to the QSO party.

Worked two stations on 20m, then had to wait for activity to show up on 40m.
Most stations were one hop away during daylight until the very end of the QSO
party.

Never heard W8BI during the short time I was on the air.

Modest station here with an ICOM IC-706MkIIG 100 watts and a R8 vertical up 12.5
feet.

I liked the idea of the Hamvention QSO Party very much and would welcome an
ongoing tradition of it continuing; while aware of the challenge of when to hold
the QSO party when the Hamvention is in progress live in Ohio.

Thanks for the QSOs.  73, Frank WA2VYA