[3830] WPX CW VE9AA SOAB Classic Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE9AA SOAB Classic Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 21:42:51 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic Unassisted
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:   14
   80:  254
   40:  583
   20:  581
   15:  363
   10:  111
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

One Man, One Day, One Radio, One computer devoid of telnet spots, One patch of
woods with only wires.

I decided since I could not devote a full 36hrs, to do a repeat of last years
classic and see if I could improve upon it.
Last year was: 1363Q, 575px, 2.4M pts
This year was: 1906Q, 731px, 4.935M pts

As usual, met tons of fabulous QSO partners and a couple not-so-much.

Prop and activity was pretty good, so it was very hard to tear myself away,
sometimes suddenly, from some real fine rate hours.  Such is life.  Radio is a
game (a great game!) and life is life.  Sigh.

I felt especially proud of myself decoding the following on the very first go:

Gross QSOs=1915        Dupes=9        Net QSOs=1906

Unique callsigns worked = 1431

The best 60 minute rate was 131/hour from 0008 to 0107
The best 30 minute rate was 142/hour from 1555 to 1624
The best 10 minute rate was 168/hour from 0057 to 0106

The best 1 minute rates were:
 4 QSOs/minute   20 times.
 3 QSOs/minute  151 times.
 2 QSOs/minute  422 times.
 1 QSOs/minute  529 times.

There were 27 bandchanges and 1 (0.1%) probable 2nd radio QSOs.

Number of letters in callsigns
Letters  # worked
-----------------
   3        18
   4       968
   5       619
   6       292
   7         1
   8         6
   9         2

Multi-band QSOs
---------------
1 bands    1092
2 bands     234
3 bands      76
4 bands      27
5 bands       2
6 bands       0

CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit

Mike VE9AA in New Brunswick, Canada

(when I\'m SO2R)

2 X Icom IC-7410 and an assortment of arboreal based flexible antennas;

10m - Wire Gnd Plane, raised radials

15m - 5-el wire SVDA or Delta Loop

20m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)  or Delta Loop

40m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)

80m - Wire 4-Sq (raised radials)

160m - Wire Inverted L (more like an inverted U or J) (raised radials)

When operating SO2R, a ZS6BKW @ 35feet w/15m add-on dple, only used for
radio 2