[3830] WPX CW WI9WI SOAB Classic Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WI9WI SOAB Classic Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 00:51:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic Unassisted
QTH: Winter, WI EN45
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   20
   40:  444
   20: 1145
   15:  102
   10:    3
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Ordinarily I have done this one from PJ2T for the past 20 years, but this is the
second time in a row I've been stumped by the COVID due to travel issues and had
to do it from our cabin up in the north woods. Hopefully I'll be back there next
year. In PJ2 I do the full 36, but I opted for the 24 hour unassisted Classic
this year. Sleep is good. I felt the bands were excellent for where we are in
the cycle. Twenty was open to somewhere around the clock. Twenty and forty were
packed as expected. Eighty had good signals but the noise was very high here,
and there was a paucity of stations to work. Fifteen opened nicely Sunday
afternoon including to southern Europe, but there weren't many customers from
there. Didn't spend much time on ten except for a quick check. QSOs were 65
percent NA, 32 percent Europe, and a paltry 3 percent from elsewhere. Except for
a few dozen QSOs S&P all QSOs were made running. One big plus for me was
that except for the standard "N" for 9 and "T" or
"O" for 0 very few were using cut numbers. Maybe that fad has
fortunately passed.

Thanks to all for the Qs.
Gear: K3, P3, KPA1500
C-19 at 50 ft
Dipole for 80/40/20
Short vertical for 80
Homebrew 4 square for 40
3 short mostly malfunctioning beverages. Gotta fix em.

73 to all
Jim WI9WI in the North Woods