[3830] WPX CW NU5A(K5GN) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5gn80@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NU5A(K5GN) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 01:50:13 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NU5A
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2257
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Arrived at the station 15 minutes before the start due to the usual
complications.  First QSO at 5 minutes in.  Condx sounded great but the rate was
QRN limited.  A terrible MCS was on its way through the area and the QRN was
almost constant.  Almost every QSO required a fill on callsign, number, or both.
 Eventually it came right overhead so the station had to be shut down.

15m sounded good with big gun Europeans plus JA's on the band, but I had to put
full concentration on the 20m run frequency so I mad only one SO2R QSO.  40 was
essentially useless before and after the outage, and 80 was unthinkable, so I
decided to go ahead with a single band effort.  Learned a lot and would do some
things differently if I did this again.  The high participation and quiet condx
made it fun.  There should be some great S/B scores this year!