[3830] WPX CW KM1W(W1UE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KM1W(W1UE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 13:07:16 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KM1W
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    7
   80:  350
   40: 1062
   20: 1543
   15:  201
   10:   11
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

An interesting weekend.  Started on 40m, no 20m QSOs until 0504z, then again
starting at 0936.  Then, off to the races!

80-20 all seemed to be in good shape.  Never could get much going on 15m, but in
this contest there are no mults to work on 15 that you can't get on another
band.  A new band will up the rate, though.  Still, couldn't seem to get
anything going.

I love working mults.  If the cluster provides one with 20 mults, I find it hard
to resist them.  Knowing that, I started by leaving the cluster connected but
turning off its info sources.  No Available Mults/Qs window, band map shortened
and cut back to only show my freq and immediate surrounding frequencies.  That
way, I wasn't tempted by the mults unless I wanted to be.  That way I could
concentrate on running and not being lured into potential time wasting packet
pileups.

Mindful of the time limit, I saved some time for the end of the contest for 40m
to Europe.  It paid off with 64 6-pointers and 24 mults!  It was boring sitting
around for 4 hours Sunday because of the time limit, but it was worth it!  Also
thanks to K1ZZ, who kept me pushing all of Sunday to keep ahead of him!

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his station.

Dennis W1UE