[3830] WPX CW KW7Y(@K7RL) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KW7Y(@K7RL) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 15:12:13 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KW7Y
Operator(s): K7RL N7DX
Station: K7RL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    3
   80:  131
   40: 1017
   20: 1903
   15:  545
   10:   25
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This was another partially remote contest. Tony was remote from his home on
Camano Island, while I was in the shack. Aside from a few glitches that cost us
some down time, it worked well. As we dive deeper into multi-op contesting, I
seem to have a running checklist of things the station needs to be more
efficient and maximize openings. Station building work is never done.

We were a little worried about the solar disturbance that hit prior to the
opening bell, but propagation surprised us. Europe on 20m was excellent. Long
runs through the weekend really helped boost the score with 3 pointers, and of
course, all of those multipliers. It was also nice to see JA’s on 15m with one
QSO on 10m. Maximizing 40m was key with those big 6 pointers from EU and JA
helping us out.

Over on the online scoreboard, really enjoyed watching the west coast horserace
unfold in the M/M category between ND7K and NR6O. Two heavy weights with great
operators racking up big points. Fun stuff. Congrats to the ND7K crew on a new
W7 M/M record.

This write-up wouldn’t be complete without a huge thank you to iron man Tony,
N7DX, for his outstanding effort. Tony dealt with the remote challenges
throughout the weekend while pulling the low band late shift and anchoring one
of the best 20m EU runs we’ve seen in years. His expertise and hard work was
crucial in making it all work.

Thanks to all that worked us. Until next time…

73 de K7RL, N7DX