[3830] WPX CW WN4AFP SOSB40 TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daveedmo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WN4AFP SOSB40 TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 16:38:18 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOSB40 LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  755
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Prior to the contest, I decided to make a strong run on my favorite band - 40m.
I planned an operating schedule and set an activity goal of 600 Qs, which was an
increase from my typical 300-400. My station consists of a Kenwood TS-50 to an
80M OCF dipole at 55 feet, plus running N1MM sw. I was tempted to work the other
bands during free time, but I stayed focused on 40m and it paid-off.

My schedule...included some daylight operation, bur mainly three blocks of time.

5/29
0000-0800 (45 min break) at 273 Qs.
I missed an important opening from -0800-1200
1800z on Saturday through 1400z on Sunday with several breaks. Now at 680 Qs.
Sunday 2000z-2400z finished with 755 Qs. Durin gthe last leg on Sunday evening
it was difficult to find new stations to work. That's the downside of the
single-band operation. The daylight running rates were low, but many of the Qs
resulted in new mults. So it was well worth it. I didn't have to worry about
hours. I left five hours on the table....

Data ... 31 hours Best 10 min rate - 90...Best 60 min rate - 56.... 755 Qs on
40m...  My best DX was working ET5AA. Average point value 2.5 per Q. Nice Q to
Mult ration too.

It was great to work many CW friends along the way. I worked several Swamp Fox
ops including N4IQ, KG4IGC and my last Q in the contest was working Matt NU4E
for a needed Mult a few minutes before the finish line.

This effort would not have been possible without the help of N4IQ and N4XL with
station improvements and N1MM training.

Now returning my focus back to the second half of the QSO party season and
working toward the State QSO Party WAQP and Challenge programs.
http://stateqsoparty.com

73s Dave WN4AFP