[3830] WPX CW OL4A(@OK1RI) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sanda@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OL4A(@OK1RI) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 18:10:18 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: OL4A
Operator(s): OK1AU OK1DSZ OK1FFU OK1HGN OK1IC OK1NY OK1RI OK8WW OM6NM
Station: OK1RI

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Česká republika
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  482
   80:  946
   40: 1885
   20: 2407
   15: 1018
   10:  594
------------

Club:

Comments:

It was nice to come together after a loooong COVID time. My station did have
practically no upgrades in last few years, since we were working diligently on
improving the CN3A setup, but since CN is still closed - we decided to meet once
again in Brezina. Actually it was so long that OL4A was scratched out in the
last master file. HI !

We had a lot of problems - most due to our disorganization and overall
silliness. For instance no "working" packet until Sunday about 21Z
(one of the operators smartly set the packet "so" that we have seen
only about 5% of the spots. How he managed it is beyond me.) We have lost power
into 80m Yagi and nobody have seen it until Sunday morning HI !!!! so all the
"state side" on 80m was on  the EU dipole in about 7m.

We had theoretically antennas/QTH for about 2.5 millions more but .... anyway
for sure in the current propagation our QTH did disqualified us anyway from
competition with LZ9W or YT5A.

The propagation on 15 and 10 was BAD. We have made only about 150 W/VE on 15 and
4 (!) on 10m. 15 Opened at around 8Z and practically closed around 18Z. 10m was
opened for at least 3 hours shorter time. We just heard LZ9W and YT5A and some
other southern stations working happily USA but we heard nothing.

Overall we had great time - everybody was happy to be in the contest once more
and let's hope that the autumn season will be from CN3A again.

73 ! and thanks to all the people giving us a call.

Jiri - OK1RI