[3830] WPX CW N7EPD SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N7EPD SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 22:48:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N7EPD
Operator(s): N7EPD
Station: N7EPD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  104
   20:  494
   15:  129
   10:   17
------------

Club:

Comments:

A BIG thank you to the CQ WPX folks for allowing assistance for all
categories!!!  The advantage a multi op station has is they can be on more than
one band at a time and have extra ears looking for new ones- that is all.  If
the extra ears have internet spots then it is just a matter of how fast they can
get to them.  To classify a single op station as a multi op (AKA assisted) if
using spots is ridiculous, we should be able to scoop up the new ones just as
fast as our single signal can.

I would say around 50% of the multipliers and stations I found in S&P were
not on the band map from the internet spots so it was a minor advantage having
the assistance.  I enjoyed being able to see activity OUTSIDE of the contest
(like 6 meters) without being punished for using spots for just that.  A lot of
spots are bogus/ useless information as well.

Started very slow.  Was tired after work Friday so not well motivated at the
beginning but propagation didn’t seem great either.  Thought it was going to
be a really low score year but Saturday afternoon Europe started rolling in on
20 and things picked up until the end.  Ended up with a record score for myself
to my surprise!