[3830] WPX CW VK2IA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VK2IA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 02:30:28 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VK/ZL
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40: 1387
   20:  158
   15:  346
   10:   17
------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

We are in the middle of an antenna reshuffle and upgrade and it was good to have
our 40m yagi relocated to a new 25m tower just days before the contest as I
planned to focus on 40m because of double QSO points. Had good runs into AS and
EU on the first day on 40 but struggled into EU on day 2. 40m long path - both
EU and NA - are not worth the effort from over here at this time of the year.
Lots of repeats of serial numbers particularly after the 1k mark was passed.

My high band preference was 15 with 20 mainly used for multipliers.

Amazing variety of prefixes on the bands, but here in VK/ZL we are still too far
away from EU and NA to take advantage of it. We were promised to get new 2x1
contest calls a year ago, including new prefixes VJ and VL, but nothing has
happened to date. Not sure why, but clocks are definitely ticking a bit slower
here in VK when it comes to catching up with world standards in amateur radio.
So maybe next year...

Thanks for all the Qs and mults.
73
Bernd VK2IA/m