[3830] WPX CW KU6W(K9YC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KU6W(K9YC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 23:56:55 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KU6W
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   49
   40:  449
   20:  656
   15:    7
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't going to make a serious effort for WPX CW this year so that I could
chase grids on 6M, especially an expedition to very rare EN48. Things change --
6M started out dead and stayed that way, so a fired up after dinner Friday
evening. QRN was terrible on 80, but as I recall, activity has traditionally
been pretty low there too. 15 may have been open in the morning, but I slept in
(after hanging with the JA runs both nights). Didn't even look at 10 or 160.

I'm with K6SRZ -- I HATE cut numbers. Did AD1C give me T49 or E49? Don't these
folks realize (or do they care?) that the other station depends on the RHYTHM
and SPACING of numbers under marginal conditions? It does no good to ask for a
repeat -- all they do is repeat the cuts. AARGH!