[3830] ARRL June VHF W4PK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W4PK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:29:46 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  80     60  Total Score = 4,800

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

25 of my contacts were on CW and 55 were on FT-8, but only because there were a
lot more people using FT-8 instead of CW.  And I still continue to be confused
and frustrated when using FT-8.  Several times when I initiated a contact it
would proceed normally until until the WSJT program would would start responding
as if it didn't decode that contact's response even though it would display
correctly every time! If I let it continue it eventually would go ahead and
recognize it and would complete the QSO.  In my old age I must be doing
something wrong but I have not a clue.

No DX at all were worked on CW but I did manage a few from the Caribbean,
central ans South America.  Also on Sunday morning there were some fairly decent
openings to North Africa and into the southern part of Europe.

there were severe thunderstorms here here Sunday afternoon so I quit early!