[3830] ARRL June VHF WQ0P Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WQ0P Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 22:45:55 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: WQ0P
Operator(s): WQ0P KA0KAN WA0ARM
Station: WQ0P

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EM19wf
Operating Time (hrs): 30

    6:  429   144
    2:   80    43
  222:   25    16
  432:   32    18
  903:   17     9
  1.2:   23    13
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  606   243  Total Score = 181,278

Club:

Comments:

We had a great contest!!!  It all started within 50 yards of where the
station is built today. In 1994 my dad KW0T, and good friend Todd KA0KAN
and I operated portable on my hill for the first time for the June contest.
I retired on 1 March 2021 and spent on average 6 hours a day rebuilding the
station to get it ready for our June Multi-op effort.  It all paid off I
believe.  We had a great time and everything worked flawlessly! We made some
great contacts.  Taller towers, better feed lines, bottom line, the best
station that we have had to date!!!

50: Kenwood TS-2000X, SB-220 conversion 1000 watts, 5 ele M2 at 50 foot
144: Kenwood TS-790A, Henry 3002A 1000 watts, 17ele M2 at 50 foot
222: DEMI Xvter to Kenwood TS-940s, AM-6155 400 watts, 7WL M2 at 43 foot
432: Kenwood TS-790A, AM-6155 300 watts, 13WL M2 at 60 foot
902: DEMI Xvter, Motorola 150 watt brick, DS 33 ele looper at 55 foot
1296: Kenwood TS-790A, DEMI 60 watt SS amp, 2X45 ele DS loopers at 55 foot

Thanks to Bill WA0ARM, and my good friend Todd KA0KAN, we made a good showing
again this year.

Perhaps the highlight of the weekend was being able to host N0LD/R, and K5SRT/R
both Friday, and Saturday nights here!  Of coarse, we were able to make many
contacts with them and their efforts are in large part responsible for the many
contacts on all our bands.  Thanks to all you rovers for your time and effort.

Looking forward to August and September!

Greg WQ0P