[3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Radio@k2qo.us
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:48:25 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  206    68  Total Score = 24,140

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

This is pretty much my worst VHF score. Band conditions seemed to so-so every
time I turned on the equipment at each rover stop. Activity on Saturday was
dismal. Yes, I’m a more traditional SSB/CW kind of guy. FT8 is fine when the
bands are totally dead. But many times I’d work EL98 from FN23 and the other
station would tell me “you are booming in, biggest signal on the band” and
the rest of 6M would be silent. I just assumed that he was the only ham in EL98.
Who knew?

The best part of the contest was Friday night dinner with K2CS and N2TWI at a
new place in the Southern Adirondack’s and staying two nights at the W2CCC
World HQ Superstation.

73,
Mark
K2QO/R