[3830] ARRL June VHF KZ9O Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9mu@k9mu.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KZ9O Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 16:41:52 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  388   183  Total Score = 71,919

Club:

Comments:

Ryan (KB9OWD) and I got our families together for a mini vacation at a lake home
in northern Wisconsin (EN46).

On 6m, we ran FT8 until signals got loud and then switched to SSB. Unlike last
year, SSB runs were rare. We had S9 signals on FT8 and we would switch to SSB
and get one or two callers that were super loud. Near the end of the contest, we
did have one nice but short SSB run to the FN31 area. KB9OWD got 7 Q's in one
minute. You can't do that on FT8! When signals were loud on FT8, we had a hard
time completing with others due to all the signals and SSB was dead. It was
super frustrating.

It was slim pickings for any local 2m activity. Most of our mults there came
from meteor scatter. 432 was almost impossible as we had miles of thick mature
forests around us.

Overall, fun times with friends and radio!

73,

Justin, K9MU

6m: Directive Systems 5 element @ 25 feet, homebrew 4 element @ 30 feet,
IC-746PRO to Henry 2006A @ 800w