[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 20:27:32 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jun 16

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  60
   20:  25
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  85  Mults = 82  Total Score = 6,970

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

As usual for the 1900Z session, I decided to go S&P and see how well I could
do. The answer quickly turned out to be VERY BADLY. Conditions seemed to be very
poor on 20 meters, where I started out. Lately, the 20 meter segment of my
80-40-20 inverted vee has been outperforming the low dipole, but today signals
were much stronger on the dipole. Unfortunately, the noise is also a whole lot
worse on the dipole, probably because it's much closer to the house. Whichever
antenna I used on 20 I had a very difficult time getting through to anyone.
About 30 minutes in, I gave up on 20 and went to 40. Conditions didn't seem to
be a great deal better there. I spent the next 10 minutes doing S&P on 40,
with only a few QSOs. I finally decided to plunk down and try running with only
35 QSOs in the log. Surprisingly, the run went pretty well from there on. Many
signals were weak, but business was reasonably good. I was surprised to end up
with 85 in the log by the end of the session. Hope conditions are better next
week. See you at 1300Z.

73...
Randy, W8FN