[3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2av.guy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K2AV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 15:29:07 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 2.8

Total:  QSOs = 120  Total Score = 284

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Was not able to get on until 01Z due to all-vaccinated family over for supper
(!!!). That has been a no-no in the pandemic, and these renewals of family
person-to-person contact are precious.

Conditions very tough. As to summer QRN actually I've heard quite worse, but DX
was very hard, propagation just about not there at all. NO Europe at all. Worked
KP2M and NP2X for Caribbean, both weak and repeats both ways. Phil says in his
report that NP2J was on but I never him. Tripped over very weak WJ9B calling CQ
for my one 7 pointer. P3 said there was a signal in there, so I kept listening
and tuning, and finally found Will. Yes, it was that bad.

Worked exactly one 8 pointer, that called me and was very tough copy.

Looked for K7RAT with second RX a lot but for first time in a long time, did not
work Tree in a Stew Perry.

Lone long DX was CX6VM. Jorge called me, and it took a lot of repeats to verify
Jorge's "VM" in the call, and then a lot of repeats to get the two
letters in his grid. The "VM" and the grid letters, in both cases were
heard on a one or two second QSB peak that you could clearly hear coming up into
"just barely" and immediately heading back down. Thanks, Jorge for all
the patience on that one.

Harbinger of Cycle 25? Certainly no longer sounds like Cycle 24.

K3+KPA1500, Inv L @ 66' over FCP at 11'

73, Guy K2AV