[3830] IARU N5DX(@N2QV) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N5DX(@N2QV) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 17:28:39 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): N2QV N5DX
Station: N2QV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    54     0     10       12
   80:   166     0     18       33
   40:   609   242     33       46
   20:   862   380     36       51
   15:   385    68     24       44
   10:   121     0     13       19
-------------------------------------
Total:  2197   690    134      205  Total Score = 3,628,995

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We had a great time operating this weekend.  Conditions were excellent on all
bands and the weather cooperated nicely.  The bands were quiet and stable
throughout the entire contest.

We had some really long and easy SSB runs into EU on 20 and 40.  The bands
weren't quite as crowded as they would be in a major SSB contest so it was
enjoyable to have a clear frequency when running and not have to dig guys out of
the muck.

15 meters was a nice surprise Sunday morning with a strong opening into EU on
both CW and SSB.  10 was up and down throughout the contest, but it's been down
for so many years that just a peep out of EU is enough to make you sit up and
get excited! 20 meters was open to EU for the entire 24 hours.

Before the contest started, I figured 2.5 million would be a good goal.
 After 12 hours it looked like 3 million was a possibility.  A bunch of mults
and Qs on 15 in the last 90 minutes pushed the score higher than we could have
ever imagined.  It appears that we have broken the MS record set by K0DQ's team
in 2012!

Tariq was such a gracious host this weekend and is a great operator.  It was
really enjoyable to operate with him and be back in the N2QV shack.

73,
Kevin, N5DX