[3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 00:13:45 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Maine - USA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:15

  160:
   80:    60           10       15
   40:   284           18       34
   20:   467           22       27
   15:   113           17       27
   10:    78           11       14
-------------------------------------
Total:  1002    0      78      117  Total Score = 600,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A better score than the last two years! Last year I had to operate from home as
N4CW due to the pandemic situation. I had some great runs this
year...apparently
I've improved (performance-wise), even though I turned 80 in December; see, you
can teach an old dog....!
It was a delight to hear 20 open past midnight here in Maine. 80 was very noisy
in the evening hours, and 40 petered-out for me around 11 PM local time.
Many super ops, but it's still troubling to hear both trashy signals and too
many stations with key clicks! WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE CHECK YOU FOR KEY CLICKS,
HAVE THEM SLOWLY TUNE FROM ZERO-BEAT PAST THE PASSBAND YOU'VE SET (FILTER
CHOICE) UP TO SAY, 5 KHZ. THE KEY CLICKS THAT MANIFEST THEMSELVES ARE NOT CLOSE
TO THE EXACT TRANSMIT FREQUENCY, THEY OCCUR JUST BEYOND THE PASSBAND! [I hope my
description is good enough...if not, please tell me!].
How you correct the problem is up to you, but do something to correct the
problem if you discover it!
Thanks, IARU, it was fun! 73