[3830] IARU EA6FO(EA3M) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea3m.roger@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU EA6FO(EA3M) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:22:26 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: EA6FO
Operator(s): EA3M
Station: EA6FO

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Ibiza
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    37    0       4       16
   80:   328    0      15       24
   40:   835    0      28       29
   20:  1241    0      31       27
   15:   912    0      22       31
   10:   611    0      11       26
-------------------------------------
Total:  3964    0     111      153  Total Score = 3,640,560

Club: CCC

Comments:

This was the first contest after CQWW last November (it had not been possible
for me to fly to Ibiza until now), so you can imagine how much looking forward
to this I was.

First of all, I am very thankful to Vicenç (EA6FO), and very specially to Julio
(EA3AIR) and Patro (Julio's XYL) for their hospitality and their great support
before and during the contest.

Julio and Patro arrived to the island around ten days before I did, and it was a
big question mark how the station would be after being unattended for more than
half a year. Fortunately everything worked, and once I arrived Julio and I
managed to put back the radials of the 80m/160m vertical and set the AS and NA
beverages across the fields surrounding the QTH in few of hours.

In terms of the contest, I'm happy with how it went. I used DXLog in real
operation for the first time, not only for training 2BSIQ. The SO2R scenarios
make life so much easier: now everything can be handled easily with a single
keyboard. No more post-contest back pain due to continuously turning the body
towards each keyboard for so many hours.

The first hours of the contest were as intense as in a CQWW, with an average
QSO/h rate larger than 260 during the first three hours. No problems in terms of
fatigue management, neither.

This was a very good training towards the CQWW in November. If Murphy allows,
see you then! :-)

Roger EA3M