[3830] IARU NP4Z SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, np4zet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NP4Z SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:34:21 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: NP4Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: PUERTO RICO
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Radios: SO2R

  160:    16            2        4
   80:   110           11       22
   40:   604           23       18
   20:   995           26       31
   15:   456           19       23
   10:   180           14       17
-------------------------------------
Total:  2361    0      95      115  Total Score = 1,928,010

Club: Los chachos

Comments:

Improvements at the station and complete automatization proved to be great, I
was beating my personal best by a lot and having similar qso numbers as the top
scores with 8 hours less of operating meant all was going very well.
Of course until the flex 6600 failed on me, I should have had a backup but
didn't so at that point it was just impossible to get back.
the station is designed around the flex radio and it wasn't possible to get
decoders and interfaces to work with traditional radios.

I have to say that never have I had such a pleasanter operation than this time,
not having hums , thousand cables or keying lines interlocks and the rest makes
operating an incredible experience.

the new SmartSDR was flawless and Dxlog running OTRSP made it even better
honestly I dont see any other way in the future than this simple but amazing
setup.
I need to get me a spare flex for emergencies and that should make it for the
future. Computers fail and the flex is a computer with an RX/TX on top.
Im looking forward in the future to incorporate even more flexibility to the
station.

Thanks for the QSO's

Felipe

Flex 6600