[3830] IARU OF2HQ Headquarters HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OF2HQ Headquarters HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:58:22 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: OF2HQ
Operator(s): OG9X OH1ND OH1NOA OH1TM OH2BH OH2BU OH2GEK OH2PM OH2TA OH5BM OH5CZ
OH6BG OH6KZP OH6MW OH6NVC OH6QU OH6RX OH6UM OH6XX OH7SV OH7WV KO8SCA
Station: OF2HQ

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   411    354    12       32
   80:   689    727    20       37
   40:  1519   1051    41       55
   20:  1962   2176    52       64
   15:  1210    641    38       53
   10:   887    595    22       39
-------------------------------------
Total:  6678   5544   185      280  Total Score = 18,089,895

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The year 2021 marks the Finnish Radio Amateur League's (SRAL) 100th anniversary.
Various festivities take place throughout the year (https://www.sral.fi/en/), so
we OH contesters decided to pool our skills for the IARU and celebrate with the
special callsigns OF0HQ (40m CW) and OF2HQ (all other slots).

OF2HQ/OF0HQ was distributed throughout the country, with well-known station
owners and contest operators chipping in to create a memorable joint effort.
Networking with DXLog.net worked great this year, and we greatly enjoyed the
camaraderie of a joint log and chat.

Band conditions from 60N-65N were a mix, perhaps a bit poorer than last year.
Consequently we didn't quite reach last year's OH record raw score of 19.9Mpts.
Our low bands are always a challenge, due to the high number of sunlit hours in
mid-July in OH. Then again, 10m and 15m both produced some very exciting summer
night openings over the North Pole to W and JA, and 20m/40m were stable QSO
powerhouses.

This was fun and we will be back next year, improving on this year's effort.
Here's to another 100 years of SRAL!

On behalf of the team,
Kim OH6KZP

OF2HQ/OF0HQ 2021 -- Stations and operators:

160 CW: @OH1ND
160 SSB: @OH5Z, ops. OH2BU, OH5CZ, OH6XX & OH7WV and @OH7SV, op. OH7SV
80 CW: @OH5BM
80 SSB: @OH1TX, op. OH6KZP