[3830] CQWW VHF K0JP SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K0JP SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 21:10:36 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: K0JP
Operator(s): K0JP
Station: K0JP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN18
Operating Time (hrs): 1:28

    6:  53     29
    2:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  53     29  Total Score = 1,537

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

I worked 23 FT8 Qs and got tired of the, essentially, mindless repetition. Went
to CW/SSB and worked 30 more Qs. The CW/SSB Qs were way more fun. As I sat there
with a couple of 3 Q minutes I was thinking about how an opening this good would
have sounded as little as 5 years ago. Damn, I miss that, especially the part
where we can actually talk briefly to the other station if we desired. BTW, what
I worked today was done with 100 watts (IC-7300) and a dipole at 24-feet!

One complaint was about the K2 station (I'll stifle myself and not reveal his
2-letter suffix) who sends a "QRL?" on CW on my SSB run frequency at
50.147. I told him that, yes, the frequency is occupied but I assume he was
listening in a 250 or 500Hz IF bandwidth and could not hear me. He was LOUD and
completely buried the weak stations I was trying to work. I heard him later, on
CW below 50.100 (still very loud), but did NOT give out the EN18 mult to him.
Who the hell does that and WHY?