[3830] CQWW VHF N1SFE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1sfe@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N1SFE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:50:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: N1SFE
Operator(s): N1SFE
Station: N1SFE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Connecticut
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  14     11
    2:   2      2
-------------------
Total:  16     13  Total Score = 162

Club:

Comments:

First time entering CQ VHF.  Spent some time operating at the start of the
contest from a hilltop near my home QTH in FN31rn.  At the start, there seemed
to be a good 6m opening to the upper Midwest, and I was able to get some new
states and grids confirmed (thanks!)  2 meters was pretty flat, or so it seemed-
I only made 2 2 meter Q's all afternoon.  After dinner, I got on 6 and was
hoping to find more activity, but the band was pretty quiet- only made 1 more 2
meter contact after dinner.

Gear:
Icom 7000
2 meter 3 element Yagi
6 meter Squalo loop.
Bioenno Power 20 ah battery

After the Midwest opening to CT faded, I didn't hear any other stations on
phone, it seemed everyone stayed on FT8 (again).  Not a lot of activity for us
phone-only guys anymore.