[3830] CQWW VHF N6GP/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N6GP/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 05:10:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: N6GP/R
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: lax
Operating Time (hrs): 8

    6:  70     51
    2:  19     13
-------------------
Total:  89     64  Total Score = 6,912

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Activity for this contest was down about 65% in So Calif from last year.  I
didn't do any marketing for it on Facebook, plus the pandemic lockdown boosted
activity a year ago.  Had a good opening to Texas and Rocky mountains from
Signal Hill.  Many just single decodes, but managed to work 2 ATNO grids: EN66
and DN53.   Moved on to Shurr HS in Montebello for DM04. Finished the day in
Diamond Bar for DM13 and DM14.  The Diamond Bar Center was an AWESOME place to
be for the 30 minute opening to Japan!  I think they were afraid of my /R,
because I only managed to work 2 JAs.
Carpooled with N6UTC/R (separate equipment) to the Jack In the Box at Grapevine
in DM04 on the other side of the mountains.  It was worthwhile on 6, working WA
and VE7 on 6, and DM05, 06, 07 and CM97 on 2.
Thanks to Dan NA6MG for working me the maximum number of times for 8 QSOs.
Sorry to say 61 QSOs were FT8 and only 28 SSB. Tried calling a station on CW,
but no QSO.
Tnx for the QSOs and see you in September,
73,
Tim N6GP/R