[3830] IOTA KB4CG SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA KB4CG SO12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 16:52:59 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2021

Call: KB4CG
Operator(s): KB4CG
Station: KB4CG

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    6       4
   40:   44      17
   20:   86      19
   15:    6       2
   10:
Total:  142      42       0        0  Total Score = 46,872

Club:

Comments:

Band conditions were not the greatest, and it was tough sledding at times, but
nonetheless enjoyed the contest.  Lots of activity, and it was great working so
many different islands -- including Svalbard!

After the contest, I like to research the islands that I worked to learn more
about them, and find their geography and history interesting.

Although band conditions were rough at times, there were some bright spots:
around 0200Z, while tuning on a seemingly dead 15 meter band with apparently no
activity, and just about when I was about to QSY to another band, I suddenly
heard a surprisingly loud signal from VK2GR calling CQ, quickly sent my call,
and was able to work that station!  Also worked AH6KO who also had a good signal
around the same time on 15 meters.  Apart from these stations (and a fairly weak
ZM station that I heard but couldn't work), the band was silent!