[3830] IOTA IQ3ME/P M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA IQ3ME/P M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 10:00:39 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2021

Call: IQ3ME/P
Operator(s): IK3QAR IK3YBX IW3FVZ IW3GST IW3HVB IZ3VTH
Station: IQ3ME/P

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Pellestrina - EU131
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   160      41      21       20
   40:   455      61     135       48
   20:   756      77     420       66
   15:   147      51      61       25
   10:    11      10       6        6
Total:  1529     240     643      165  Total Score = 7,318,243

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

4th time in Pellestrina, but still a big challenge and adventure!

It all started Friday early morning, we need a full day for the trip +
antennas/stations assembly as on the island we must build everything from
scratch.
That's quite a lot of work under the July summer sun, with temperatures up to
34°C.
Everything went fine and, by dinner time, 90% of assembly was ready, so we went
to a local restaurant for a pizza and enjoy the Venice lagoon view.

Saturday we made the last adjustments, then a good light lunch organized by Lory
IW3GST and the contest started.

We quickly realized that conditions wouldn't have been as good as they were two
weeks ago, during the IARU. 10m almost closed and 15m very poor with no
e-sporadic!
So, we focused our runs on 20 and 40, which have been the money band, leaving
space to the mult station to pull-out difficult multipliers on 10 and 15.
At night we had some nice runs on 20m with USA, with good signals also from west
coast. 40m were also in good shape, while 80m had some noise due to storms in
northern Italy area, but still enjoyable, mainly on CW.

Sunday morning 15m were still very poor, with good signals only from UA and UR,
but no conditions to UK, where the points lies. 10m dead.

We finished way down from the 2018 target (in 2019 we had the main antenna
damaged by a storm so we didn't consider that result), with 600 QSO and 130
multipliers less. That's 7.3 mln vs. 13+ mln of 2018... a pity, but that's the
game!

All in all, we all enjoyed the contest, looking for the next one!

Special thanks to NS3 and WiFi4All for logistic/technical supplies, ARI Mestre
and IQ3KU for providing part of equipment, and, last but not least, to Lory
IW3GST for fine cooking!

Equipment:

Rigs:
Yaesu FT-101 + PA