[3830] MoQP N8II SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP N8II SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 20:06:44 +0000
                    Missouri QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 8.7

  160:    0      0
   80:   16      0
   40:   42     30
   20:   58     51
   15:    9      4
   10:    1      1
----------------------------
Total:  126     66      0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 21,975

Club:

Comments:

Score includes 200 bonus points, did not hear or see spot for W0MA (must not
have made many QSO's).

My first QSO was 1715Z, not recommended if you want to be competitive. Activity
was high on 20 at that time from both in and out of MO, so instead of making
just a few Q's as planned, I got sucked into operating. Conditions on 20 were
excellent both days during the day and there was still prop on 20 until past
24Z, but very little 20M activity past 2230Z. 40 was in good shape after 22CZ,
but by my local sunset activity on all bands was low with most stations heard
already worked. I took a break to walk the dog around 1540Z and when I returned
at 1648Z 15M was wide open to MO and 10 was marginal. K0I and I moved around 10
and 15 cw/SSB which gave us Q's on 80-10 CW and 40-10 SSB for 8 total, thanks
Mark! Thanks to the mobiles for keeping up the interest. I worked ND9E 7 times
and made many Q's (many new mults!) with Con, K5CM and was surprised to find
Bob, W0BH make an appearance on Sunday for many Q's. N0E was worked 4 times, not
very loud sometimes. I had a good run of about 10 MO SSB Q's near my start, not
much luck after that.

The 04Z stop time is ridiculous considering a lot of MO stations were gone for
the night at 01Z. Hanging around past 02Z would not have helped my score much,
being there the first 3-1/4 hours would have really helped.

Many thanks for the Q's. Suggest keeping the MOQP in August vs. the very busy
first weekend of April for QP's.

73, Jeff N8II