[3830] NAQP CW N1EN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N1EN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 03:03:32 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11     6
   80:   73    19
   40:  165    42
   20:  103    33
   15:   10     6
   10:
-------------------
Total:  362   106  Total Score = 38,372

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Off and on today.  Didn't have the oomph or a free enough day to play harder.
Still, I needed some time seeking the flow of a CW test.

My apologies to those I confused with the unexpected exchange.

I was sending my father's name.  He passed away last week.  I was on today
taking a break from attempting to coordinate the formalities from up here in New
England, in quarantine while waiting for a negative COVID test result after my
wife and I managed to get COVID despite the disease.  (It looks like my wife is
going to be a long-hauler.)

My father wasn't a ham, but he was a "ditty bopper" in the Army in the
60's.  He was bemused when I played in a CWT or chased a DXpedition via a remote
station when I visited him, but he was enthused by the periodic "DX du
jour" or "Island du jour" updates I sent periodically to feed his
love of geography.

We didn't get to see much of each other for the past year in a half.  He went
into pretty severe dementia just as the pandemic hit, so he was under lockdown
as he was moved to memory care,and then on to the nursing wing of the retirement
community where he lived.  At least I got to see him once, after my wife and I
got vaccinated and could travel to (we hoped) conclude the annus horribilis.

We had trouble communicating during the pandemic, as talking though a tablet
didn't really work for him.  However, the nurses on his floor and I did work out
that some nights, when he was back in the Army stressed over his receiver not
working, he could be calmed down by my sending him code groups over Facetime.

It seemed appropriate to borrow his name for the day.