[3830] NAQP CW NN5O Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn5olarry@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NN5O Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 05:11:46 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 9:59

  160:
   80:   84    32
   40:  365    55
   20:  326    43
   15:   31    16
   10:    6     3
-------------------
Total:  812   149  Total Score = 120,988

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Elvis

Comments:

Murphy tried his best to keep this station from operating.  Big storm came
through Tupelo, MS and knocked a huge limb out of a tall pine tree in back yard.
 On its way to the ground, that limb (about 8 inches in diameter and 14 feet
long) took out one of the parachute cords holding the SW corner of my
quasi-horizontal loop.  However, the cord had been in the tree so long that the
tree grew around the portion of the cord that ran over to the pulley holding my
wire up.  Oh, brother.  I knew the whole loop would come crashing to the
ground...and I watched the SWR meter closely all through the contest in case the
loop crash landed.  But...

As my anti-Murphy potion would have it, the loop must have stayed up.

It was so much fun organizing teams again for the Deep Dixie Contest Club (DDCC)
and I thank each of you who gave Qs to our fabulous operators (present company
excepted).

A couple of things I did notice over and over and over this time:
a) some contesters need some 'schooling' in how to configure their Function Key
Messages.  I even heard a couple of 'pse copy...' and I had to take a swig of my
tea to get calmed down.  Anyway...
b) some contesters need keyers.  A couple of potential QSOs I could have made
went into the trash because I simply could not copy their quite errant fists.
One in particular was using a bug and--let's just say he's lost his touch over
the years.  Two others must have been using straight keys (God Bless Them), but
they missed that class in school that taught RHYTHM.  No copy on those fists,
either.  I just had to say 'SRI...' and press F1 to call CQ again.  Oh, boy.  I
wish they lived close enough that I could help them.  And, I wonder if they
really know how perilously bad they sounded.

Overall, though, it was another grand NAQP.  So, thanks for all the Qs and best
of luck in the next one!

Visit our Deep Dixie Contest Club web site -- http://deepdixiecc.org
And, our YouTube channel -- http://tinyurl.com/DDCCYouTube -- some good stuff
there!

73 all,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O   (ex-WB5EIN)
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M - 100w into horizontal loop up 35 ft (average)
Ameritron AL-800H used very seldom