[3830] NAQP CW W4LT(@W4DUG) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4LT(@W4DUG) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 17:33:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  201    43
   20:  102    36
   15:   11     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  315    87  Total Score = 27,405

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: K4OJ/HIL

Comments:

Rig: Flex 6400 at Tampa ARC / Maestro with N1MMLogger+ at home - 100% remote
Ant: C31XR @ 108ft, EF240x @ 118ft

Here are the stats. Disappointed is an understatement. In the middle of an
exchange, the Flex Maestro and/or the radio locks up!  You can send and I see
the S-Meter working, but cant get audio and the screen is frozen!  Only recourse
to recover is to reboot the radio, computer and the Maestro and reconnect the
entire control infrastructure, which takes a minimum of about 15-20 minutes. So
I lost my hard won clear 40m frequency. Contesting is where I go to get away
from the problems of the world. Things should just work, like they do with my
local K3 setup. I give up. I'm going to bed to cool off because I'm RATHER
PISSED OFF at the moment. If this rig were an airplane, many people would be
dead by now... I pray for reliability and consistent operation! I have no more
virgins to toss into the volcano; Contests go on long after the thrill of
pileups is gone. Hope the points help the club score.

Lu W4LT