[3830] EUHF Champ ES5TV SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ ES5TV SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 13:36:33 +0000
                    European HF Championship - 2021

Call: ES5TV
Operator(s): ES5TV
Station: ES5TV

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0       93    49
   80:   0      212    62
   40:   0      357    65
   20:   0      439    66
   15:   0       82    45
   10:   0       36    30
---------------------------
Total:   0     1219   317  Total Score = 385,789

Club:

Comments:

I decided to try SSB only this time mostly to see how well the new EU inband
antennas work in challenging SSB inband situation. They were great:) I could do
dual CQ easily on 20,40 and 80 meters while there was no better activity for 2nd
Radio. It was a bit strange to call CQ on 3750 and 3775 in parallel though:)

But conditions were extremely tough on high bands. I felt quite helpless in the
beginning seeing how competitors pile up mults on 10 meters and all I can see is
empty waterfall:)

I made nearly half of my 10 meters mults only in the last few hours of the
contest when QSYs worked to totally empty band. That was magic! Also HB9JW
5-band QSY and 1949 was fantastic!

Really tense competition with a lot of good guys on scoreboard. J42L, LY4A,
S53M, S57AL, RA3OA... I did not have much hope that my low bands will be good
enough to catch all of them by the end but it worked! Absolutely thrilling
fight! Thanks!

73
Tonno
ES5TV