[3830] 222Up K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:36:42 +0000
                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2021

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  222:   67
  432:   78
  903:   22
  1.2:   39
  2.3:   11
  3.4:    4
  5.7:
  10G:    6
  24G:
------------
Total:  227  Total Score = 144,075

Club:

Team: Really Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Score was down quite a bit this year. The bottom 4 bands were about the same as
last year but 2G and up were down. I didn't have 5G as I developed an issue with
the xvtr just before the contest. Given a band factor of 10 that impacted the
score a good deal. 2g has a serious noise issue that is new this year. 3G didn't
seem to fare well for unknown reasons. On 10G I heard 2 stations who didn't hear
me and 2 stations heard me but I didn't hear them. And I had to QRT early so
that impacted the score as well.

Overall activity was ok but not great. I didn't notice any enhancement though
K1DY and N1BUG in FN54 and 55 were particularly strong early in the contest.
Best DX was to AA4ZZ on 222 and 432 at 928 KMs on SSB and cw. Others over 600
KMs were KE8FD at 777 (FT8), VE3EU (638), NG4C (612) and VE3ZV (605). FD and ZV
were worked on 222 and 432 and the other 2 on 432.

For those keeping score I made 8 FT8 QSO's on 222 FT8 and 7 on 432. 7 of the 8
on 222 would have been easy to work on SSB/CW so digital was not a big factor
for me in this contest.

All in all this is a very enjoyable contest. The distance scoring makes it
interesting. And it is a laid back so you can take the time to try microwave
attempts for longer periods.

Tnx for the Q's and cu in the 10G and Sept contests.

Jeff K1TEO