[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 14:59:12 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 18

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP20XW
Operating Time (hrs): 0.8

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   2
   20:  30
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  32  Mults = 31  Total Score = 992

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was a very naive start at OH3BCX after a break of
probably 10 weeks (QRV solely at OH5ZA). In addition
it was Solar Minimum conditions with Aurora up 30 GW.

I thought I could just fire up the rigs, but storms
had wrecked havoc among the antennas. The 14 MHz 2-el
had a tilt of 45 degrees, and the vertical had the top
chopped off. Damages were below 10 euros, though.

I used the first ten minutes trying to get the yagi
upright against the tree, but it was storming and
after I tried to tune the system, it seemed something
was disconnected. So all of CWT was run with the
vertical, but especially Europe was very weak. It
was much easier to catch N5AW K5RZ and some more
(alli)gators. John W2GD had the strongest signal.

We got some new rigs, but not yet fully "ignited",
so it's too early to di$close the expan$ion here.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops