[3830] NAQP SSB K4HQK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4HQK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 11:55:59 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   41    15
   40:  6i8    26
   20:   12    11
   15:    2     2
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  126    56  Total Score = 7,056

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Did what I could on five bands with antennas lowered to anticipate
thunderstorms, and to my receiver, low activity levels until after dark. QRN was
moderate on 80m and 40m but grew stronger as the night wore on. 40m was
absolutely loaded with strange-sounding (OTH radar?) signals. Heard and worked
only a few stations on 20m with my vertical. The 15m and 10m bands were dead but
for a few locals. The only Canadians I worked were several VE3s, one VY2 and one
VE5. QRTed at 2230 EDT.

John K4HQK
Alexandria, VA

Icom 7410, Cushcraft vertical for 20m-10m, dipoles for 80m and 40m.