[3830] NAQP SSB K6RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lashap@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 16:31:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 9:59

  160:
   80:   21     5
   40:   81    27
   20:  405    52
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  509    86  Total Score = 43,774

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC

Comments:

I had not planned to do this contest,as my plate was full at home.
After seeing a post from SCCC that they needed team members for one team,I said
I would get on for a few hours.
How does NCCC field 6 teams ? and we can only get 5 guys ?
One hour led to another,and then it was over..9:59 on air.

I started on 20m,as there was no activity on 10 or 15m.
I found a nice run spot,and started CQing. The band was super noisy ,and just
about everyone was hard to copy.It was not easy to copy most stations,so I had
to ask for many repeats . My hearing loss in both ears ..40% :( also didn't
help.
I had to fight through these rough conditions,as 20m was my best band,and needed
every Q there that I could get.
Bruce WA7BNM called in,and then asked me to move to 10 and 15m..we made those 2
q's and added 2 mults :)
I was running out of guys to work on 20m,as many had already moved to 40.
It was still daylight here,so I took 90 minutes off before I got back on to try
40m.
I only have a wire at 12 feet high on the low bands,so this was going to be very
hard work.
I did S and P to pick off a few mults ,and then found a clear spot to CQ. Made
81 Q's on 40m..not bad for an end fed wire that turned out to be only 8 feet
high after looking in my back yard this morning. I need to get up in my lemon
tree,and tighten the rope to get it a bit higher :)

In the old days this contest was super fun,as I could make many q' on 10-20m
,and also has gain on 40m.

These days NAQP is a 20 meter contest for me....maybe they should add a single
band category :)

Thanks for all the q's,and I look forward to next time,
Larry K6RO

K3S
JK Navassa ..2 elements on 20m @ 37 feet.
End fed wire @ 8 feet for low bands.