[3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 02:22:51 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W5MPB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 10.7

  160:   41    18
   80:  144    28
   40:  227    38
   20:   95    27
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  507   111  Total Score = 56,277

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. N3UM and
Mike W5MPB operated Multi-2 in August 2021 NAQP SSB.

Mike has done casual contesting for years, and had fun doing it
more seriously here in FD and NAQP SSB. [Grant, W3GB left here
8/13 for UT, near family, after 10 years at K3CCR.]

At start N3UM ran on 40 M while W5MPB tuned for far-West Qs and
mults on 20 M while it was still open. Condx were good; SFI=77,
Kp of 0 or 1, no big T-storm QRN. At 21Z we had 175 total Qs and
39 mults.

Soon after, we took offset breaks to eat. Then we swapped bands;
W5MPB clicked for always-CQ ops on 40 M, and N3UM ran for never-
CQ ops on 20 M and then on 80 M. By 02Z, we had 403 total Qs and
79 mults.

>From 02Z to 0440Z QRT, W5MPB did 80 M. N3UM got on 160 M for
40 min, then went from 160 M to 40 M and back at 12 to 22 min.
intervals as rate varied.

After 0440Z no spots, only dupes tuning, no answers to CQs.
On all bands we got 5 VE provinces, PR, and VI plus 47 states
and DC; we missed only AK, HI, and SD.