[3830] WWDigi VA3DF SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3df66@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi VA3DF SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 13:24:38 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2021

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   20     6
   80:   82    16
   40:  191    35
   20:  199    32
   15:   31    15
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  523   104  Total Score = 95,056

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Who knew!! 40 m is normally a spot where I make a short stop on my way to 20 m
during contests. What a surprise to find the band full of VK, ZL, YB, JA and DU
stations this morning. Just tons of YB stations! Never did make it to 20 m...

Some thoughts about FT8/FT4 contesting:

Worked a lot of "new" callsigns and not many of the regulars.
Obviously there are a whole bunch of amateurs who don't participate in CW or SSB
contets enjoying this branch of contesting.

FT4 is great for quickly working qsos but it seems that if you want the hard to
get ones you had better be prepared to switch to FT8.

FT8/FT4 contesting is like running across a field of mud. You want to go faster
but you keep getting held back by the mud. Having said that, I must say that I
did enjoy the contest.

As usual, it's a jungle out there...

73,

Doug