[3830] KsQP N0N(N0NB) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0nb@n0nb.us
Subject: [3830] KsQP N0N(N0NB) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 20:24:02 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2021

Call: N0N
Operator(s): N0NB
Station: N0NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bremen, KS
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:    8      1
   40:  129     32
   20:  221     30
   15:    6      3
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  364     66      0  Mults = 50  Total Score = 61,300

Club:

Comments:

A lot of noise on the bands on Saturday, especially late--80m was next to
impossible to work--combined with a migraine headache kept my total quite low
for Saturday.

Felt much better Sunday.  Power was off for some time Sunday morning due to
thunderstorms and came back up about 35 minutes before Sunday's session.  Took
time out for Sunday dinner and a nap and had a very good run the last hour on 20
CW.

15m seemed open on Saturday but few takers, sadly enough.  If we ever get back
into the notion that the bands above 20m have life it will be much easier to
work SSB without running stations seemingly stacked three deep on top of each
other.  Any more no one wants to go up it seems.

Lack of short propagation and poor 80m conditions meant I missed out on NE and
IA, also missed UT and RI along with AK.

With life in the world mostly back to normal, activity levels were back to usual
I think, not like last year which will likely be remembered as a one-off.

Once again for a station with poor antennas, diversity receive is a lifesaver
and probably accounts for a third of my QSO count.

Thanks to the ops at KS0KS for braving 80m to give us close-in stations a chance
at the 100 point bonus this year.  Much appreciated.