[3830] KsQP N6MDV Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mvahey@vsummits.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP N6MDV Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 17:31:30 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2021

Call: N6MDV
Operator(s): N6MDV K6VHY
Station: N6MDV

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:
   20:   76     76
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   76     76      0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 25,180

Club:

Comments:

We had a lot of fun.  Kansas is likely the best QSO party with all the
preparation and dedication of the 1X1 operators, plus the fun of spelling out
the words gives a special incentive to participating.

We used our KX2 and KPA100 amp at 100 Watts with a backyard antenna at 20 feet.
Signals were mostly very strong into California, especially at the beginning of
each day.  The noise floor increased substantially on Sunday making it nearly
impossible to hear anything at the top of the band.  Only 20 meters was usable
for us.

A very special call out to K0S/W0BH for incredible skill and willingness to help
everyone make their QSOs.  During the last few minutes of the contest on CW, we
couldn't even count the number of contacts he completed so rapidly - amazing.

All the 1X1s did an awesome job.  Those who were mobile standout as being quite
memorable in their ability to provide strong, clear, efficient QSOs.  Sometime,
we'd like to hear about what they were using for logging, radios, and antennas.

Hope to be back next year!  73, Thanks N6MDV K6VHY