[3830] KsQP N0Z(N0JK) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP N0Z(N0JK) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:23:55 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2021

Call: N0Z
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GEA and DOU
Operating Time (hrs): 1

   80:
   40:
   20:          14
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   0      14      0  Mults = 6  Total Score = 168

Club:

Comments:

I am a frontline healthcare worker and the "N0Z" call was appropriate.
Unfortunately not "zero cases." Many Covid-19 cases in Kansas with the
Delta Variant surge, our hospitals are full. I have worked many extra shifts. I
worked all day Saturday and Sunday with several very sick Covid patients. Got on
15M during a short break Saturday afternoon to try for K5KG, but nil. On
Saturday evening from GEA from a high spot I use for VHF off Hwy 177 south of
I-70. (Picture of site on page 80 August, 2021 QST) Only 20M SSB. Antenna a MFJ
magnet mount with whip on car and tuner. Pleased to work Bob, W0BH as K0S and
W0I when they were at the Morrison-Geary County line. There were 4 stations
active Saturday eve from GEA - N0Z, W0I, K0S & W0O !  Picked up a loud WH7T
Hilo for a HQP contact. Chatted briefly with N6MU (sorry you missed Republic),
N8II and KI6RRN. Not many replies to CQ's. Tried 40M, but antenna efficiency was
too low. On the next morning before work, and picked up a few more contacts
including K7IDX/p in Oregon. Next year the Covid Pandemic will be under control
and I can plan a weekend off to operate. Get your vaccination !