[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6RO Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N6RO Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 05:25:34 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  72     34  Total Score = 2,788

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday afternoon was spent on constructing a rotating mast with 2,432,1296
medium sized antennas.  But the mast broke during the raising.  Made most of our
2 and 432 Sat. eve., in K6MYC's gathering at 730 PM, coordinating QSOs on bands
going up from 220 to 1296.

On Sunday, our remote ops (W6DMW, WD6T) piloted the 6m station on SSB and FT8,
logging a bunch of Texans on 6m.  Onsite, N6RO  continued to pick off a few more
on 2 and 432 (ant was an ELK 4L at 18') 2m was the 'best' band, relatively, with
9L M2 yagi at 140'.  On 6m we used 7L LFA at 100'

Despite the crash of the tower, and a few S/W problems, we reached my goal of
checking out the station and antennas.  Lessons learned will help us improve in
January, '22, contest.