[3830] WAE SSB N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:38:57 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   22    43    30
   20:   57    51    34
   15:   40    21    30
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  119   115    94  Total Score = 21,996

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a very part time effort between other activities. Sunday afternoon I
went on a 4 hour kayaking trip with my daughters on the Antietam Creek which is

ideal for enjoyment without much paddling.

I checked 80M 2 times Saturday evening and once Sunday, not one EU signal! 40
sounded good, but very difficult to run stations. I missed many good hours on
20. Once 15 opened Sunday, almost no signals could be heard on 20. 15 seemed to
only open Sunday from here. RU1A had begged me to try 15 when the band was not
open. I later heard them calling SA, no QSO. LY5W was the best DX on 15. 15 was
open well from about 1330-1420Z with most signals from the Med area and UK,
about 12 Germans worked.

Thanks for the QSO's.

73, Jeff