[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 21:21:37 +0000

  3.4:   12     4
  5.7:    2     1
  10G:    7     1
  24G:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  231    65  Total Score = 31,200

Club:

Comments:

QSO and mult counts also include two 122G contacts, two light contacts, and six
grids activated.

I did the same route as June and stuck very close to my schedule this time.
It's nice not having to plan a new route over and over again.  The score is down
a little bit from June, which I think is entirely due to lack of 6m contacts and
mults.

The improvements from June (new vehicle, mast on rotator, quick microwave
switching) continue to help.  I also added a new dish for 10 GHz, which was nice
but I didn't have a great way of setting that up.  It'll continue to improve.  I
spent a lot more time texting people which resulted in more band running, but
probably also resulted in fewer random 6m/2m contacts.

The biggest thing to improve for next time is 70cm filtering.  Half of my stops
are near big commercial towers which are apparently wiping out the band for me.
People can hear me, but I can't hear them.  I ended up missing a lot of contacts
or having to use CW when I shouldn't need to.

The next improvements are getting 5 and 10 GHz faster to set up, moving
everything onto a single mast, and writing some more software to help automate
things.

Digital modes... I'm still not using them, but I think I have a plan.